Re: a quick Q: how to back to the head in terminal

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 12:10:21 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>> lina wrote:
>> > ctrl-a does the trick.
>>
>> I was looking for such option (a "home/end" keyword replacement) as my
>> netbook also lacks of it but still not found it... until your post :-D
>>
>> "crtl-e" seems to jump the cursor at the end of the line. Great!
>
> I am compelled to note that all of these are fully documented in the
> bash manual.
>
>   man bash | less +/"Commands for Moving"

And I'm feel obliged to thank you for that :-)

In fact, I first asked for a similar question in the Spanish mailing list
a month ago or so, but no one suggested these "keyboard combos" and of
course, I was neither aware of it.

Bash manual provides "home/end" replacements but I also looked for "page
up/page down" key combos because my netbook lacks for them. While
searching for a good way to mimic the keys, I also found -by pure chance-
these combos:

ctrl-v = page up
ctrl-b = page down

Greetings,