Re: squeeze freeze while copying from camera mem card (via USB)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011, Camaleón wrote:

Does the same card work on you rsqueeze system when using a card
reader?

I don't have a card reader.  I always dumped the photos directly from
the camera.

And that can be the problem, the camera and not the memory card. Using a
card reader will help you to discard (or not) a  problem with the camera
itself.

Besides, have you tried with the rest of the suggestions (re-formatting
the card, try with another one, copy the content from command
line...)? :-?

To summarize the situation:
+ Using the same camera and card with a different lenny machine: OK.
  The problem appears while using command-line.
+ Using the same camera and another card on both machines: OK.
+ I couldn't find out anything suspicious in /var/log/syslog.
  (But honestly I don't know what to look for: what is kernel
   soft-lock?)

Next on the agenda:
+ Reproducing the effect and trying to access from another machine
  using ssh.
  Something particular I should look for?
+ Perhaps trying this with X windows turned off (mainly to keep KDE
  out of the way).
+ Reformatting the card and re-trying.
+ Using a card reader (have to get one first).

Thanks to Camaleon for the suggestions.
Itay