Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?

On 12/07/11 17:45, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 02:18:44PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On a different thread - I probably should have pointed out that the
>> IPSec is mandatory with IPV6, which should make IPV6 more secure that
>> IPV4.
>
> No, it is not. It was in the beginning, but there were manucaturers who
> didn’t want to implement it. Now IPSec is optional again.
>
> Shade and sweet water!
>
>     Stephan

I don't doubt that in the sea of RFCs I've missed the obsolescence of
RFC2402, 2406 and 2407 - could you point me at the new optional IPSec
standard please. :-)

Perhaps I misunderstood you - and you mean some manufacturer make
rubbish, and have somehow extrapolated a new policy from that....

I should also have probably pointed out that privacy extensions take
care of many of poster's concerns about the loss of (IPv4) NAT capabilities.

Cheers

--
What did moths bump into before the electric light bulb was invented?
Boy, the lightbulb really screwed the moth up didn't it? Are there moths