Re: Kernel Config file for Debian Squeeze Install Disc

On 2011-07-08 22:41 +0200, Tech Geek wrote:

>> It should be available at /boot/config-`uname -r`
> That would be true after the system installation finishes. What I am
> looking for is the config file for the kernel runs the installation
> process. For some reasons I suspect that there might be some
> difference between the kernel that installs Debian and the kernel that
> gets installed on the hard drive.

This might indeed be the case, however you will generally not be able to
tell that from the kernel config.  AFAIK the kernel in the installer is
split into many small packages from the regular linux-image package.  So
the possible differences are version skews when a newer kernel hits the
archive, and missing modules that are not packaged for the installer.

Sven