Re: Looking for an alternative to mysql

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 06:47:46PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> On 07/08/2011 06:04 PM, John Hasler wrote:
> > Wayne writes:
> >> I am not in the habit of installing packages that known to not work.
> >
> > If the package was known not to work the bug would be "grave".
> > <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities>

Also when you read BTS, not all grave bugs may hit you badly.  It may be
some special environment only.

Poppulat packages tends to get more bug reports and ... some are not
really such bug.  See "apt" as example.

So it is good to check critical/serious/grave bugs and stop for
installing package at first sight.  But after checking contents of such
bug report, it may be wise not to avoid installing such packages.  For
exaplle, I can not think of living without apt even if it has 2 grave
bugs in unstable.   (Hmmm.... one of the grave bug is nothing but
undeserved bug severity escalation.  I should proposed to downgrade it.)

Osamu