Re: Disabling GNOME loud beep at shutting down

Did you test if there will be no beep after removing the driver for this
PC beep thingy? Removing it might disable the terminal bell and some
notification beeps. I guess here it isn't loaded by default, but IIRC
the BIOS anyway gives information by beeps.

modprobe -r pcspkr

I don't like desktop sample sounds, but sometimes a beep by this beep
thingy can be useful. If I should enable beeps and it should be to loud
and there shouldn't be a way to make it silent by software, I would use
some heat resistant fabric to cover this beep thingy.