Re: alternative to kaffeine?

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:44:58 +0200, lee wrote:
>
>> is there a good alternative to kaffeine?
>
> Have you looked at VideoLAN? I'm not sure wether it can play/record from
> TV cards (DVB-T) but if that options is available it is a good multimedia
> program.

You mean http://www.videolan.org/ ?  They don't seem to be into TV cards
or recording at all.

> Mplayer can also work with DVB streams, I guess. And KPlayer could be
> another option.

Hm, yes, I forgot about mplayer.  Quite a while ago, I tried to get it
to work with the TV card and gave up because it was impossible to get a
working channels.conf.  The format of this file mplayer expects isn't
even documented anywhere.  Other than that, it would basically work ---
and miss something to display the EPG and schedule recordings from it.
Or can mplayer do that, too?

>> Other than that, does anyone have an idea how to fix kaffeine?
>
> I would first start by launching kaffeine from another user to discard a
> configuration problem.

It probably is one; I just don't know what to look at/for.  I didn't
change the configuration of kaffeine or kaffeine itself in any way, so
there's no reason for it to be suddenly broken.

--
html messages are obsolete