Re: Wheezy apt-get upgrade blows away USB printer

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:47:13 +0000, SteveKleene wrote:

> I have a Wheezy host with a USB CUPS printer (Xerox Phaser 6280DN).  I
> just did a weekly apt-get upgrade, and now the printer can't be found.
> The boottime errors are as follows:
>
> [   17.279912] usb 1-1.3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
(...)
> 83.405772] hub 1-1:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port3

Does re-plugging the USB printer cable works?

(and just out of curiosity... your printed shows "-N" in its name so I
think is a network based one. If so, why using the USB interface? I've
always found network based card to be more reliable than USB ones)

> Another oddity is that the Intel screen now shows for ~22 sec before
> grub lists the kernels.  After booting, my USB flash drive on /dev/sdc1
> still works.

(...)

Mmmm, you mean there is long delay between the system is powered on until
you get GRUB's menu, right? Do you have any external device attached to
your computer such as USB hard disks or another goodies? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón