Re: Address bar history of Iceweasel Was: Youtube flash not working[SOLVED ?]

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:51:31 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>> Can you be more specific? I don't make use
>> of the history bar that much but neither I'm aware on how the history
>> bar can "behave useful" :-)
>
> The history for the address bar should show latest visited websites,
> nearly every browser's address bar history does behave this way, very
> old Mozillas did behave this way too.
>
> Firefox since years shows something similar to most visited sites,
> useless since there is a history for most visited sites and
> double-useless since it's not really a most visited sites sort, but some
> kind of random sort, with some of the most visited sites.

I'm totally unaware of such things O:-) but have you looked at
"about:config" section while filtering by "urlbar"? It is plenty of
entries and maybe you can tweak here something that makes things better
according to your liking.

> FWIW the complete history is bad. I reduced it from 365 to 90 days, but
> it anyway lose information, resp. the search is very bad, for Mozillas
> it never was good, regarding to speed, but it became much more worse the
> last years, faster but useless.

IMO, since v3.x Firefox has started making (ab)use of sqlite databases
and history is also stored here, dunno if this has something to do this
slowness.

> There are several better browser, unfortunately Non-Mozilla browsers
> have some disadvantages regarding to tracking defence, Internet
> compatibility ... that's why I need to use Mozillas most times I'm
> browsing.

I personally have not found yet a better browser.

I was very happy with konqueror 3.5, I used it for Internet browsing as
well as file manager but after I switched to GNOME I made Firefox my
default browser. Also tried Opera and Chrome but there is something in
them that does not match with me.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón