Re: Restarting network

On Jul 7, 2011 4:02 PM, "William Hopkins" <we.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/07/11 at 11:26am, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > On 07/07/2011 10:42 AM, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

> > Um how about in wheezy or sid
> > service networking stop ; service networking start
>
> Always use && and not ';'; otherwise you may run start after an unsuccessful
> stop.

Awe, come now, live dangerous. I used to build kernels with:
make; make modules; make modules_install; make bzImage; make bzlilo

It's been a while so I probably got a few things off (and no initfs). But you get the idea. Oh and I once did a make -ik (IIRC) on a dev kernel but the linker failed :(

Either way, I'm generally remote when doing this stuff. So, if networking isn't brought completely down, I still want it to try to come back up.