Re: Youtube flash not working + Re: no sound with flash videos....

> > From: Camaleón
> > Subject: Re: Youtube flash not working
> > Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:07:58 +0000 (UTC)
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ud_wGMXRnQ
> >
> > That URI works for me, both "https://"; and "http://"; (using Firefox 5 and
> > lenny). Maybe you are facing some sort of browser cache problem?

I can't stand the bad sound quality of this youtube video, but both
https and http are ok on my formerly stable, now testing.

iceweasel 3.5.19-3
flashplugin-nonfree 1:2.8.3

I didn't read the whole thread, sorry if it should be about Firefox 5.0.
FWIW I don't use any add-ons at the moment.

On 07/07/11 16:27, Frank McCormick wrote:
> I've been experiencing the same problem on Wheezy since (and this
> *might* just be a coincidence) the latest upgrade to Iceweasel
> 3.5.19-3 on Tuesday.

As mentioned before, I'm running the same version of Iceweasel and it's
ok here. I'm using GNOME and
$ uname -a
Linux debian 2.6.39.1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 7 01:40:05 CEST 2011 x86_64
GNU/Linux

The kind of preempt is a 'rt patch emulation' with GRUB boot option
threadirqs.

> > From: bboett(at)adlp.org
> > Subject: no sound with flash videos....
> > Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 18:59:35 +0200
> > so i have to download the video with get_flash_videos and play it
> > with mplayer to have the sound....

FWIW I'm using the http://www.debian-multimedia.org main non-free
repositories for stable and testing.

Media players and codecs for Iceweasel are a PITA on Debian. I had to do
a lot of trial and error.