Re: w32 installer giving hal.dll not found error

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 13:01:10 +0530, nikhil jain wrote:

> I am trying to install debian with the w32 installer.But upon rebooting
> it gives me a hal.dll not found error. The exact message is something
> like: could not load hal.dll from
> <windows root>/system 32/hall.dll
>
> Here is how my partition table look like: http://i.imgur.com/E1Hby.jpg
>

> Any help?

Maybe the w32 installer expects the file to be located at C:/ and per
your disk layout I'm not sure it is located there :-)

> Also does the w32 loader touch my MBR at all ?

As per their instructions it seems that only modifies the bootloader to
add an additional entry, but I never used before so I can't tell for sure:

http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/tools/win32-loader/stable/win32-loader.txt

> and how many GB would it need to download after the reboot?

My last installation (full gnome desktop+ notebook tools) occupied ~3 GiB
but you can select less components so YMMV.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón