Re: Youtube flash not working

On Thursday 07 July 2011 01:08:53 pm Frank McCormick wrote:
>    It is beginning to look like an Adobe-flash problem - I run
> Firefox 5.0 as well as Chrome and both show the problem..(I'm not
> sure how Chrome handles Flash). Yet, the same Flash on Ubuntu doesn't
> show the problem. Maybe some weird incompatibility between
> Firefox/Chrome and Flash but only under certain circumstances?

More FWIW:

I'm running Iceweasel 3.0.6, and have had (for a long time) both the
Shockwave Flash Plugin 10.0 r22 and 9.0 r100.

In the interest of science, I disabled the 10.0 plugin.  At that point,
the youtube video I was trying to see would not work either as http nor
as https.

So, I re-enabled the 10.0 plugin.  Now both http and https work.  So, I
tried it on a different youtube URL just to be sure--both work.  (I did
not restart Iceweasel.)

Randy Kramer