Re: Youtube flash not working

On 07/07/11 12:04 PM, Randy Kramer wrote:
On Thursday 07 July 2011 11:27:38 am Frank McCormick wrote:
    Could be...and seemingly not a Google problem.
    I am running Sid, updated. This morning I tried
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ud_wGMXRnQ (the url above)
and it loads and plays. When I dropped the 's', I get the black
screen of death both on Firefox 5.0 and Google-chrome.

Same for me (as I mentioned in an earlier post)--well, except that I am
running:

Debian 5.0 (the stable release)
KDE 3.5
Iceweasel 3.0.6
(and am not running adblock)

And, I rarely update the system (software wise) (I know).  I
occasionally install an additional package.

This has only
started lately, and the same URL's both work in Ubuntu Maverick and
Natty with both Chrome and Firefox 5.0.

The problem started for me between 2 and 3 days ago.  I don't really
remember--at first I figured it was a transient problem that would go
away, so I ignored it.

Sane here as I recall.

Seems to be it's a Sid
problem, unless we hear from other Sid users who don't have the
problem.

It is apparently not limited to just Sid as I'm running 5.0

It's beginning to look like an Adobe flash problem. I'll snoop around the Adobe site.

--
Cheers