Re: Youtube flash not working

On 07/07/11 11:07 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 21:51:36 -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:

On Wednesday 06 July 2011 09:17:52 pm Frank McCormick wrote:
On 06/07/11 09:05 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
Is anyone else heen experiencing Flash problems on Youtube? It
affects both Chrome and Firefox - but they seem to be able to play
Flash videos on other sites.

    Answering my own question again :)
    The key is to make HTTP into HTTPS for some bizarre reason that
only Google knows. HTTP works for some users..for those who just get
the black box, add the 's'...

Weird!  I've had the same problem, and the same workaround works for me
(using https instead of http).  So, thanks!

But, what makes you associate the problem with google?  I have the
problem with youtube URLs, like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ud_wGMXRnQ

That URI works for me, both "https://"; and "http://"; (using Firefox 5 and
lenny). Maybe you are facing some sort of browser cache problem?

  Could be...and seemingly not a Google problem.
I am running Sid, updated. This morning I tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ud_wGMXRnQ (the url above) and it loads and plays. When I dropped the 's', I get the black screen of death both on Firefox 5.0 and Google-chrome. This has only started lately, and the same URL's both work in Ubuntu Maverick and Natty with both Chrome and Firefox 5.0. Seems to be it's a Sid problem, unless we hear from other Sid users who don't have the problem.

--
Cheers