Re: Set up headless Bubba Two for Bind9 nameserver

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 20:08:02 +0000, Csanyi Pal wrote:

(...)

> Now I'm trying to setup bind9 on my bubba server, but without any
> success.
>
> What I did:

(...)

> Is it working?
>
> aptitude install dnsutils
>
> dig debian.org
>
> A lot of lines but the line that contain the word SERVER is important
> now, because that must to show 127.0.0.1 ! ;; Query time: 5 msec
> ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
>
> However I was run the last command 'dig debian.org' from my bubba
> server.

So, in bubba you can resolve domains just fine, right?

> In the same time from my LAN I can't even ping www.google.com, but only
> ping 74.125.91.99
>
> Any advices will be appreciated!

Put the results of "dig debian.org" run from one of your LAN clients so
we can check.

Remember that your LAN computers need to use 192.168.10.1 as the default
nameserver in "/etc/resolv.conf"

Greetings,

--
Camaleón