Re: Can't smoothly type in gnome-terminal

Mahesh T Pai <paivakil@gmail.com> writes:
>  > I have this problem too:
>>
>  >    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=631116
>>
>  > Very annoying (there are a lot of decent terminal programs in Debian,
>  > but gnome-terminal is still the nicest I've found).
>
> I use same version - 3.0.1-1 and I have no such problems.
>
> There was somebody here couple of days back with same problem, and his
> problems were solved with a  reboot.

Reboot solves nothing, and the problem has persisted over several
updates to gnome-terminal / libvte.

Also, I see the _same_ issue on several different computers, which have
somewhat different hardware (AMD + radeon + USB keyboard vs. Intel +
i915 + PS/2 keyboard -- I mention those details because it might be
related to X / input handling...).

-Miles

--
Americans are broad-minded people.  They'll accept the fact that a person can
be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a newspaperman, but if