Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:14:06 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:30:50 +0100, Brian wrote:

>>> So let's say I want to disallow GRUB2 from including my Windows
>>> partition at the menu... should I tweak /etc/default/grub or should I
>>> dive into /etc/grub.d/os-prober, or...?
>>
>> GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true
>>
>> in /etc/default/grub. It's documented. Alternatively be brutal and
>> uninstall os-prober.
>
> Thanks much... but documented where? :-?

Ah, okay, it's on the same file. It instructs the user to run "info -f
grub -n 'Simple configuration'.

Good to know... and already done.

But there are not many variables that can be set at "/etc/default/grub"
so why not listing all of them and briefly comment them in the same file?

> And after adding that stanza, should I edit anything else or just it
> will be autoremoved at next boot?

Just tested and had to do nothing. After adding that entry, running
update-grub and rebooting the windows stanza is out from menu.

I wonder what would happen if no "update-grub" is run after that... it
keeps the last known state?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón