No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

Hello,

Yesterday I had to perform an new install with the latest wheezy snapshot
(weekly CD#1 image).

Some thoughs while dealing with the expert install...

1/ I could only get grub-pc, no more questions about installing GRUB
legacy or select the new version... is that right? I thought GRUB2 is
still an ongoing project, quite stable but still getting many
enhancements.

2/ I had to add additional online repositories to get the GNOME
environment, with the CD repos I get only the basic pattern and tools.
What does the first CD contain? Only the bare base packages?

3/ I had to select twice the option to load reiserfs module for the
partitioner. The first selection seemed that did not stick and had to
return to the main menu for a second time so I can get reiserfs
filesystem as an option.

Point 1/ worries me a bit, because GRUB2 was not going to be my preferred
option for wheezy... is there any chance to get GRUB legacy at install
time or that option won't be present anymore?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón