Re: What is the recommended way to handle squeeze-proposed-updates?

In <[🔎] pan.2011.05.19.17.19.57@gmail.com>, Camaleón wrote:
>On Wed, 18 May 2011 20:15:33 -0700, Mark wrote:
>> I had to add the squeeze-proposed-updates repos to my sources.list after
>> learning about the intel 855gm bug in squeeze that requires a fix from
>> the proposed updates section.  After apt-get update and apt-get upgrade,
>> 13 packages were updated/upgraded including apt.  Am I supposed to keep
>> the proposed updates repos active in sources.list for the life of
>> squeeze, or do something else?  What if I comment it out now?
>
>http://www.debian.org/releases/proposed-updates
>
>It seems to be a preliminary stage where devels put their packages before
>they enter into the regular path (they fall into the "security update" or
>"stable" repos).

I thought security fixes usually showed up on the security repositories first
and then were moved into s-p-u.

Traditionally, s-p-u has been sort of a staging area for fixes that should be
included in the next point release of stable (which includes both security
updates and "important" bug fixes).  I believe for Squeeze and forward it will
also serve as a staging area for stable-updates (the replacement for
volatile).