No landscape option at Opera's printing settings (was: Problem with Konquerer on one site)

On Wed, 11 May 2011 22:34:19 +0200, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:

>>11/05/2011 22:03, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>> If you can't change from portrait to landscape, being that the page
>>> options selections are grayed out, how can it?
>>>
>>>   opera 11.10.2092 on sid
>>
>> Let me check this on wheezy and Opera 11.10 downloaded from the Opera
>> site... hum, yes, you are right, it is disabled :-?
>>
>> I even get disabled the option to select the paper size! This has to be
>> some kind of bug in Opera, for sure, because this is the only app where
>> this happens.
>>
>> (I've also checked at the Opera's hidden printer settings
>> -about:config- but there is no option to select the page printing
>> layot, how bad ;-()
>>

> How you guys doing it ? I just retried and I can print from Opera 11.10
> (2092) on Debian Wheezy/Sid amd64 in landscape mode, to PDF file or real
> printer !

Here not with PDF nor real printers! :-)

> When the print dialog box pops-up I have an "option" button in the down
> left, this doesn't give an option to print in landscape mode, but at the
> upper right there is a "properties" button adjacent to the (virtual or
> not) printer selected. This one allows me to choose landscape mode.

This is what I get:

http://picpaste.com/opera-printer-settings-aOLJEOA7.png

> Maybe this has something to do with using Opera in KDE vs Gnome, or the
> way the printer is set up ?

That can be the cause. AFAIK, Opera uses Qt for the printing settings and
this can be somehow broken in GNOME. I say this because I only experience
this problem within Opera :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón