Re: Problem with Konquerer on one site

On 05/10/2011 04:17 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2011 14:41:43 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

Hi Guys

    I am unable to get konquerer to display the Maps at
<http://www.jonassan.org/maps/>.
<"http://www.jonasson.org/maps"; :-)

No, <http://www.jonassan.org/maps/>.  Which works in iceweasel. :-(

I am forced to use Konq due to
iceweasel attracting so many hits from the web that my monthly limit
would be exhausted in 2 weeks.  Oddly, konquerer does not get ANY hits
at all.

I'm not sure to have understood correctly that stanza.

Sorry.  I knew exactly what I meant but did not convey it properly.

When I connect to the net and do not have iceweasel running, I can get mail or using Konqueror, I watch the output of if iftop and see normal network connections from the dns server, ntp, and the site/sites I am connected to. Maybe 6 addresses at a time.

When I open iceweasel and connect to my 127.0.0.1/dwww page, Not the Net, I get screen after screen full of ip addresses connecting to me on many different ports and eating up my download allotment. The downloads to me stop on quiting iceweasel. That being the case, I have concluded the running iceweasel is NOT in my best interest,

So the question remains, can anyone confirm that konqueror can connect to www.jonasson.org/maps/ and if so do they run it in KDE or another WM.

How can Iceweasel "generate" more web traffic and what relation has that
with using it or not? :-?

    If some could check the above link to see if they can see the maps
with konquerer, I sure would appreciate it.

I can't help here because I'm not using KDE ;-(

Neither do I but I need a browser that doesn't open up my system to attack, so I have installed konqueror with all of it's dependences and suggests.

I also tried Opera but it seems that it only supports Portrait printing
and I need landscape. Opera would be OK as far as it does not attract the network either.

When I was sing KDE, Konqueror used to be my preferred web browser over
Firefox or others (lightweight, fast and plenty of those small details
that makes you love using an application) but it also had some problems
when it came to render some "modern" websites (I mean, those full of
javascript+layers+DOM objects).

I say this because if you are experiencing any problem with a site while
using Konqueror, most sure there is something that is not of the like of
the browser, probably some javascript routine or a HTML tag that is not
"standarized" and needs the "quircks" of the browser to get the page load
as the "webmaster" expect.

That is why I asked if anyone using konq could check the link for me.  :-)

I brought konqueror up in xterm and there are a bunch of problems listed like:

kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_klauncher.so
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kded4.so
QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method KUniqueApplication::loadCommandLineOptionsForNewInstance()
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kbuildsycoca4.so
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(1778) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType in "/usr/share/applications/grace.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kconf_update.so
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/kio_file.so

No Javascript errors though. Guess I can forget about using Konq as well. I do not want the baggage that installing KDE would bring in.

In brief, review konqueror's javascript console and search for any error/
warning :-)

Greetings,

Thanks Again Cemaleon for the reply.