Re: Now cannot ping print server from second machine

Great! So how then can I stop dhcp from randomly assigning a new IP
address to my machine so that the client machine can see the server AND
enable my (server) machine to access the Net after a reboot?

This used to work fine - now it's borked and I don't know why or how,
nor more importantly how to put it back to how it was before the package
update that kicked in.

Cheers

AG

Hi,
maybe you have that option in your router.
This is how it looks in my router:
http://screenshots.portforward.com/Siemens/Gigaset_SX763/Dynamic_DNS.htm

I have 3 Siemens and with them it is possible to choose static or dynamic. Look on this page http://portforward.com/ for your router maybe you can find some description.

--