Re: Need help with approx configuration changes for squeeze [SOLVED]

On 20110506_092810, Gilles Mocellin wrote:
> Le Friday 06 May 2011 07:15:37 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr., vous avez écrit :

> > >So the replacement line in approx.conf should be
> >
> > ...nonexistant.  You'll use the "debian" entry. So, you'll list:
> > deb http://localhost:9999/debian/stable
> > AND instead of your volatile entry you'll use:
> > deb http://localhost:9999/debian/stable-updates
>
> I'd say better :
>
> deb http://localhost:9999/debian squeeze main
> AND instead of your volatile entry you'll use:
> deb http://localhost:9999/debian squeeze-updates main
>
> 1) use the name of the stable release, it will help you not having troubles
> 2) squeeze and squeeze-updates are what's called a suite, it's after the URL
> in the deb line.
> 3) you also need the archive area, at least main, but you can add contrib and
> non-free.
>
> Approx just has to know where is the Debian root archive. So no changes, and
> you can use the same entry for lenny and squeeze.
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And also for wheezy.
In my case, there are tweeks that can be useful to others:

1) the non-comment entries in /etc/approx/approx.conf should be:

debian          http://ftp.debian.org/debian
security        http://security.debian.org/

Some comments in the skeleton version installed by the approx package
are misleading on this issue, IMHO.

2) In my case, the approx instance is not on localhost for most of my
hosts, It is on the host I call 'gq', but which is also
192.168.1.12. I use the IP address, not gq because the IP can be used
in conjunction with netinst CD. So my working version of /etc/apt/sources.list
on my main computer is

deb http://192.168.1.12:9999/debian/ squeeze main non-free contrib
deb http://192.168.1.12:9999/security/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://192.168.1.12:9999/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free

Note that none of these five lines (in two different files on two different
hosts) contain 'volatile'.

But it appears that a 'volatile' service is not yet running for
wheezy, so I have the 'wheezy-updates' line commented out on the hosts
that are running wheezy.

I'm happy. Thanks for the help.
--
Paul E Condon