Re: sshd_config and OpenPermit

On Wed, 04 May 2011 04:41:32 +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> I am trying to restrict ssh port forwarding to one port on my Squeeze
> box: my current understanding is that I may play with the OpenPermit
> option in sshd_config.

You meant "PermitOpen", right? :-)

> By default OpenPermit is set to `any': if I set
> it to 127.0.0.1:12345 , I observed not restriction at all: all port can
> still forward.

How are you testing this?

I think when you set "PermitOpen=host:port" you are limiting your users
to use local port forwarding on the specified host and port when they use
local port forwading.

> On the otherhand, if I set  AllowTcpForwarding to `n' ,
> then OpenPermit permits no port.
>
> Do I miss something ?

AFAIK, "AllowTcpForwarding=no" should disable both, local and remote port
forwarding (-L and -R), regardless the value of any other variable.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón