Re: KDE does not start any more

Am Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2011 schrieb Camaleón:
> On Wed, 04 May 2011 14:54:24 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> >> Look at your "~/.xession-errors" file, maybe something fell in there.
> >
> > Your hint was absolutely correct! I could find out, that the reason is
> > caused by the nvidia-glx-173xx-package.
> >
> > See here:
> >
> > Could not open library ksmserver: Cannot load library
> > /usr/lib/kde4/libkdeinit/libkdeinit4_ksmserver.so: (/usr/lib/libGL.so.1:
> > undefined symbol: _nv000131gl)
> > ksmserver: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol:
> > _nv000131gl
> > startkde: Shutting down...
> > klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
> > startkde: Running shutdown scripts... startkde: Done.
> > bluedevil-monolithic: Fatal IO error: client killed
>
> Hum... look, there was a bug for that (so you're not alone :-) ):
>
> libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: KDE not start
>
> > Now I know the reason, but I cannot fix it!
>
> (...)
>
> Review the bug entries, maybe you can find something that helps to solve
> your problem :-?
>
> Greetings,

Nope, I did  the same as Andreas did in BUG596037, with no success.
I suppose, the bug is because an old package in a new (modern) environment.

I do not know, if debian fixes drivers for such old hardware (and it is
testing, as in stable it is still running). Of course it is a bug, but it
seems, I am the only one with this special constellation (debian/testing +
NVidia-propr-3D-driver + kernel-2.6.38).

We will see, if there is someone else outside, who have got the same problem.

Best regards

Hans