Re: tomboy, and mono dependencies in gnome?

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:35:15 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

> Why is tomboy in the default basic desktop when installed from the
> netinstall CD?

Dunno, but if you want to get a more polished and customized gnome
desktop, you can avoid installing the "desktop" pattern from the
installer (which does not allow to cherry pick the desired packages) and
then select the preferred gnome metapackage once the installer finishes.

> And, more to the point, when I run synaptic and check on uninstalling
> libmono-cor or whatever, it threatens to uninstall gnome. (Not really a
> big deal, I'm comfortable using XFCE.)

Most sure because of some cryptic package dependency :-P

Once you get the mono libraries is a bit difficult to get rid of them
without breaking anything... but is not impossible, just you have to get
a high dose of patience.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón