Re: Can't locate Dpkg.pm in @INC ...

On 2011-03-14 01:06 +0100, Albretch Mueller wrote:

> ~
>  in order to run dpkg-scanpackages, I need to install first lzma,
> patch, libtimedate-perl and dpkg-dev, which I do via dpkg --install (I
> have done this before without any problems whatsoever)

This is very much not recommended, since dpkg will happily unpack
packages with unfulfilled dependencies and only barf when it cannot
configure them due to these missing dependencies.  Why don't you use
apt to install packages?

,----
| $ dpkg -S Dpkg.pm
| libdpkg-perl: /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg.pm
`----

So libdpkg-perl is apparently not installed on your system.

> What is really going on? To me it looks like a perl (which I am not
> familiar with) dependency problem. How can I fix it?

Install libdpkg-perl, or better run "apt-get -f install".

Sven