Re: Can't locate Dpkg.pm in @INC ...

On Mar 13, 2011 8:06 PM, "Albretch Mueller" <lbrtchx@gmail.com> wrote:

> ~
>  in order to run dpkg-scanpackages, I need to install first lzma,
> patch, libtimedate-perl and dpkg-dev, which I do via dpkg --install (I
> have done this before without any problems whatsoever), but then when
> I try to run dpkg-scanpackages, I get:
> ~
> ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~
> Can't locate Dpkg.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/bin/dpkg-scanpackages line 8.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/dpkg-scanpackages line 8.
> ~
> ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~
>  and when I look into dpkg-scanpackages (a perl script) there is not much I fing
> ~
> # head -8 /usr/bin/dpkg-scanpackages
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> use warnings;
> use strict;
>
> use IO::Handle;
> use IO::File;
> use Dpkg;
> ~
>  What is really going on? To me it looks like a perl (which I am not
> familiar with) dependency problem. How can I fix it?

What its telling you is that Dpkg.pm should be in one of those directories it told you it was looking in. IIRC, apt-get is a perl script too so you might look in there and see if it lists that module in a different namespace and maybe try to modify the script you're trying to run to reflect what you see in apt-get.