Re: Can Debian Backup ntfs File System?

 An operating system should have reliable backup policies
built-in; for example, it should backup the entire /home subtree to
rewritable DVDs, or a network share, on a weekly basis. When installing
the system, the user should be asked where to and how often the backups
should be made, just as (s)he is asked for the time zone and the
language to be used. Without this info, the installation should simply
refuse to go on.

-------

And where do these magical DVD-Rs to write to come from?

How many users rush past automated security and warning protocols before acquiring viruses and malware...

Simply put, make something idiot proof, they will make a bigger better idiot.

You can't protect and shelter people from the big bad world forever.

And yes, I do most of my major car repairs, no I'm not a mechanic. I can cook, clean, and sew, and I'm not a woman. I constantly study survival techniques and look to become proficient at procuring my own food.

There is NO excuse for spending countless hours in front of the idiot box and being completely unaware of even the basic functionalities of the things in our world.

TeddyB