Re: o/t ipod

On Sun, 2010-12-26 at 06:32 -0600, Ted Wager wrote:
> My son has bought me an ipodtouch for Xmas..Anyone tell me how I can
> transfer the music files on his ipod to mine ?..I only have Linux on my
> machines but can get access to a Winbox at a neighbours...

on windows it's not possible to attach the device with itunes on
different computers without loosing all files. (I think there are 3rd
party tools for that, but no idea how they are called)
I have seen Ubuntu with Rhythmbox working out of the box without loosing
all songs - just attach and copy the files to the disk.
Not sure on debian, afaik it did not work flawlessy on Lenny, but i
think it could work out of the box with Squeeze. There is a plugin on
Squeeze's Rhythmbox - Portable Players iPod.

If it does not work - maybe these links are useful:
http://wiki.debian.org/iPod
http://wiki.debian.org/iPhone

Regards
Peter