Re: SD card question

> Did they provide any instructions on how to proceed with the upgrade?

Kobo hides SD card upgrade, just as snake hides it's legs.

> As root, "fdisk -l /dev/sdx" ("sdx" ??? adjust it to point the SD device)
> and check what it says.

Since the card is new, it is labeled as fat. No surprise here.
Taking it out of plastic cover, I mkfs.ext3 it. No more, no less.

> "fdisk" is for creating partitions and I suppose there must be already
> one created for the SD card, if not, you had experiencing problems for
> mounting (and accesisng) to its contents which doesn't seem to be the
> case.

Seems to be pretty happy card so far. You wonder why I have
no more data on the subject. My reader is on the way, I have
no hands on it yet. The firmware on it is old and manufacturer
has better one, version 1.4. I will reflash as soon as I can.

> Yes, but I was referring when you click any button/option to proceed with
> the "upgrade". Did you get any error? What steps did you follow (you
> inserted the SD card with the required files on it, and then... what
> happened)?

Sd card should be inserted first. Middle button on the pad
has to be pressed and the reader powered up. It takes some
time, without human interference. Nothing more. Upgrade via
usb adapter often fails, but I cannot say what errors are.
SD card upgrade never failed, or it was not reported back.
The very reason I wanna do that this way.
K, when I get the reader, will try to use card I made. If it
has something to complain, gonna make the same card with
fdisk first.
Thanx all.

                                 Zoran