Re: HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:53:59 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:38:23 +0000, Harishankar wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:16:34 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>>> Have you tried by downloading the latest PPD file for your printer
>>> ("hpcups 3.10.6.15" or "hpijs 3.10.6.15") and adding a new printer
>>> instance with CUPS in the old fashioned way (I mean, without using
>>> HPLIP, just the provided PPD file)? :-?

Actually hpcups has generated a PPD file on its own called HP_PSC_1315.ppd
in /etc/cups/ppd

>> Thanks for the response. Actually I have chosen the default driver
>> provided by the hpcups package in Debian. Should I download a separate
>> PPD from another website and try using that instead?
>
> Latest available PPD file descriptor for you printer is (or seems to be)
> "3.10.6.15". What version do you have installed (PPD files are stored
> under "/etc/cups/ppd")?
>
>> I configured the printer using the CUPS interface only. Should I
>> uninstall HPLIP?
>
> No, don't unistall HPLIP. Just check the PPD file is up-to-date.

I am not sure whether the PPD is supplied by the hpcups driver. Is it
recommended that I switch back to the old hpijs driver (it seems to make
no difference to this issue anyway.

--
Harishankar (http://harishankar.org http://lawstudentscommunity.com)