HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

I'm using HPLIP /CUPS with the hpcups driver to print using my hp psc
1315 printer.

Has anybody had the issue that during a print job it is impossible to ask
the printer to use both the B&W and colour cartridge at the same time? I
mean, if you select Normal Color it prints even black text using the
colour cartridge (giving a non-sharp brownish grey effect) and when I
select Normal Greyscale it is impossible to print in colour?

I had the same problem using HPIJS drivers as well but the HPCUPS haven't
solved the problem either?

Has anybody ever successfully printed a multi-coloured document with both
the B&W and colour cartridge used where black is printed using the B&W
cartridge and other colours printed using the colour cartridge like in
Windows?

This seems closely related to this bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+sour ... bug/235399

Seems nobody at HP have resolved the issue related to Linux printing or
am I doing something wrong?

--
Harishankar (http://harishankar.org)