Re: iceweasel vs google-chrome

On 07/22/2010 10:02 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Thu July 22 2010, Ron Johnson wrote:
With Forecastfox why do you need to go to weather pages?

when severe weather hits, I watch the doppler radar site:
http://www.wsbtv.com/wxmap/1865614/detail.html

it regenerates every 10 Min. or so.. when you live surrounded by 100+' oak
trees 20 feet from your house, you worry about  things like that..

That's why my step-father cut down all the significant trees within "falling distance" of their house (which still left the small shade trees).

I used to have Nosceript, but wound up having to whitelist
everything.  So, I uninstalled it.

I don't quite understand.. I'm always blocking sites that redirect to 3rd
party sites, and even when I "temporarily allow this site" , it comes back
with OTHER sites ( ads, pop-ups..) that I still block.

IW+ABP has always(?) done an excellent job of suppressing ads and pop-ups. Honestly, all I noticed after deinstalling Noscript was the lack of hassle.

--
Seek truth from facts.