Re: iceweasel vs google-chrome

On Thu July 22 2010, Ron Johnson wrote:
> No, but I in these modern Web 2.0 times, web pages are much busier
> and thus burn more CPU (all the same CPU!), thus making each tab
> time slice with all the others.

yeah, I do notice where some tabs have the little spinning thingie up top, and
I will probably X those when I see it.. like weather sites that regenerate
every X minutes, those always eat more CPU..

> Presumably you've got ABP and Flashblock installed, which will
> noticeably ameliorate the load of IW.
hm, don't see Flashblock, but I do have:
ABP
BetterPrivacy
downloadhelper
Forecastfox
greasemonkey
Noscript
Moonlight
OverBiteFF
User Agent Switcher
whatwouldjesusdownload

> Also, running v3.6.4 (with
> it's out-of-process plugins feature) from Experimental (but I do see
> where it now has the brand new v3.6.7) also greatly helps of
> multi-core systems.
I do have a multi-core and atop is showing:
idle: 154%
idle: 79%
idle:75%

chrome 16%