Re: debian based network appliance

On 07/22/2010 11:29 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

I know untangle to be a network apliance based on Debian.
What else do you know to be?

I need a debian based system (the closest to debian is the best) that
will be optilized for tc, iptbles/l7,...

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

hoi,

sometimes i feel entangled as an appliance as well.

you could use any old hardware, but if you want something new you could have a look at these
http://www.mini-itx.com/
http://www.soekris.com/

if you want a debian based system i would recommend debian

otherwise, depending on your needs
http://www.ebox-platform.com/
http://www.vyatta.com/

or if you want some thing else from debian
http://www.fsckin.com/2007/11/14/7-different-linuxbsd-firewalls-reviewed/

i tried monowall (BSD based) several years ago and was very happy with it (think its still running after 4 years) so thats the only one i can recommend from experience.