Re: iceweasel vs google-chrome

On Thu July 22 2010, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> > any clues as to the difference in sound capabilities?
>
> I have the same problem with firefox.  After it's been open for a
> few hours that happens to the audio.  Doing a killall -9 firefox-bin
> and then restarting it (with the killall it'll restore all the tabs
> and windows) restores the audio.  I've found the same thing if I leave
> alsaplayer open overnite.  The problem with google-chrome is that it
> will run my loads way up (6-10) if I leave it open overnite.  I very
> seldom close a browser and usually have multiple windows with multiple
> tabs open.

I'll try that killall method, thanks!
I ALWAYS leave my browser open, usually with 4-6 tabs, certain tabs I hit
daily, so why close em.. I started using Chrome because iceweasel was doing
the same thing to my CPU, but it seems to have stopped.
right now, using atop, I see chrome is using 20% of my cpu, Xorg is 16%, but I
am streaming audio from chrome.
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800