Re: iceweasel vs google-chrome

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Paul Cartwright wrote:

I just found out I have an issue with audio playing in iceweasel, but NOT in
google-chrome.
I've mostly used iceweasel, but lately, every morning when I try to listen
live to a news show ( http://wsbradio.com/ - listen live) the audio comes out
either garbled, or not at all. usually I just do:
/etc/init.d/alsasound restart . It crashed iceweasel, and when I restart
iceweasel, audio works. Today I decided to just fire up google-chrome, and
went to that listen live, and IT WORKED.

any clues as to the difference in sound capabilities?

I have the same problem with firefox.  After it's been open for a
few hours that happens to the audio.  Doing a killall -9 firefox-bin
and then restarting it (with the killall it'll restore all the tabs
and windows) restores the audio.  I've found the same thing if I leave
alsaplayer open overnite.  The problem with google-chrome is that it
will run my loads way up (6-10) if I leave it open overnite.  I very
seldom close a browser and usually have multiple windows with multiple
tabs open.

Vince.
--
  Michigan VHF Corp.   http://www.nobucks.net/   http://www.CDupe.com/