[SOLVED] Re: iceowl (lightning) extension and calendar data migration problem on amd64

On 14/07/10 10:50 PM, H.S. wrote:
On 14/07/10 06:24 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:56:28 -0400, H.S. wrote:

(...)

However, the calendar extension in my icedove (on amd64 installation)
does not entertain those files, as if it is not reading it. Have I done
this correctly? How do I make sure what problem icedove is having with
that calendar data?

Where did you drop that file ("storage.sdb")?

I've got a "cache.sqlite" under "~/.mozilla-thunderbird/fc6wy10t.default/
calendar-data" in lenny.

My is here:
~/.icedove/default/6jiq0c7y.slt/storage.sdb
~/.icedove/default/6jiq0c7y.slt/calendar-data

Anyway, you can always load the old calendar and export the data (full
calendar(s) can be exported as single ".ics" file(s) that you can then
import into the new one).

If all else fails, I will try that (grub-pc is behaving in a faulty
manner while detecting my other OSes and writing unbootable stanzas for
them).

Got grub working and booted in my older OS. Exported the calendars to ics files and rebooted in to the new OS.

Well, the new OS actually had deeper problems with the iceowl extension. The calendar was not responding to any menu evens: could not add events, could not import calendars, ... could not do anything actually. From past experience, I suspected incompatibility between extensions of the two thunderbird/icedove installations.

Well, I actually copied over the thunderbird profile form my older Debian installation (same releaes, Testing, same versions of packages, etc.) but missed one small detail. In the older version, I had lightning addon installed, probably manually, but in the newer OS I had iceowl-extension installed. So I did the following (as best as I can remember and check from my bash history):
1. Shut down icedove and removed iceowl extension from the system.
2. Removed lightning extension folder: ~/<icedove profile folder>/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103} 3. did a "grep -r lightning ~/.icedove" and removed a line with lightning in it from prefs.js from the profile. The line was:
user_pref("calendar.preferences.lightning.selectedTabIndex", 0);
4. Also removed all XML lines with "calendar" from file extensions.rdf from the profile.
5. Installed the iceowl extension.
6. Started icedove and and saw that the calendar was working.
7. Then I just imported the ics files I had exported from the older icedove installation (make sure you have the relevant calendars already present/created before importing).

ever having been read.