Re: wicd with WPA2 fails

On 07/15/2010 03:28 AM, Paul Scott wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:25:26PM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:

>>> I have read the man page.  I apparently need a valid wpa_supplicant.conf file.  The only one
>>> I can find (/etc/dbus-1/system.d/wpa...) doesn't seem to be valid.  I get lots of errors
>>> about that file when I supply the -D -i and -c parameters.
>>
>> There are several sample configuration files in the
>> /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/examples directory.  The wpa-psk-tkip.conf
>> file could be a good starting point.
>>

> Thanks.  I'll try that in a few hours.
>
> Paul

One thing I've done a few times, that may help here, is to create a
temporary wrapper script to run some command.

That is, go to the executable file location, rename it, say xx.orig, and
create a short script named xx, that will start the xx.orig with the
debug options you want.  You probably want to use as the last arg the
form "$@" (include the quotes), which will supply any arguments from the
script to the real program exactly as they were given to the script.

In case there's some std* output from the original that doesn't get
written to a log file, you can add this at the top of the script, to
capture that output in your own log file:

  exec >/tmp/xx.orig.$$.log 2>&1

Or just put everything after the 'exec' above, after the xx.orig command
line.  The advantage of using the 'exec' form is that any output the
script generates for any problem will also be written to the file
(syntax errors, other commands failing, etc).

--
Bob McGowan