Re: [info] grub2

Tom H wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Why is that strange?  The official documentation for GNU projects is
> > texinfo documentation.  It has been this way for a very long time.
>
> It is strange because it would have been easy and wold not have been
> taxing to have a
> http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grublegacy.html page for
> those people who need to consult or refer others to grub-legacy's
> manual online.

Well...  If you (and Camaleón) feel that strongly about it then
discussing it here should just be a launching point to taking the
discussion to upstream.  Don't be shy about giving them feedback!
Otherwise how will they know?  I am sure they will have considered
this already but every vote is going to help sway them over to your
way of thinking.  However I would expect that in return they would try
hard to get you to upgrade.

[Note: The main grub page says that you need to be subscribed to
grub-devel to post there but let me assure you that isn't true.  But
they set reply-to back to the list (evil villians!) so if you are not
reading the list itself you won't see a response.]

> Furthermore, many distributions default to grub1, Debian Stable,
> Fedora, RHEL and its clones (in the latter case, probably until 2014
> for RHEL 5 and, since RHEL 6 is based on F12/F13, probably until 2017
> for RHEL 6).

Debian Squeeze, quite soon to be the next Stable, has moved to grub2.
The others are on their own but I am sure will upgrade in due time.

Bob