Current solution for ia32 on amd64?

I am having trouble figuring out what the right way to install i386 packages on AMD64 Sid is. Specifically, I need to install some 32-bit dev packages so I can compile Wine. (for regression testing) I have ia32-libs installed, but it doesn't contain the development packages I need. The Wine wiki tells me to use ia32-apt-get. I do not have ia32-apt-get installed, and apt-get tells me there is no installation candidate. I can't find it on packages.debian.org I've also seen some talk of ia32-libs-tools. That I have installed, but apparently it could cause breakage down the line. In any case, I have not been able to convert a package successfully. (I get tail: cannot open `debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or directory) I hope this isn't a tired topic. I've done some searching, and I haven't found a good solution, and no posts on the topic since the middle of 2009. Is there a "right way" to do this yet?