Why aren't there time stamps in Xorg.log?

Good morning!

This is a question which nags at me whenever I try to figure out why something
doesn't work in X. dmesg timestamps entries so when I'm going through trying
to figure out why something crashed or didn't work like I naively expected it
to, I can focus on the log entries around the time the event occurred.
Ideally, I'd prefer these entries to be stamped with Gregorian dates and times
instead of seconds since boot but that's another topic.

Xorg.log (~/.xsession-errors, too, for that matter) doesn't timestamp entries.
Therefore, when X crashes because I tried to use RandR or my video doesn't
work properly, I get all of this fascinating information about how cleverly X
figured out my screen resolution and refresh rates, but I don't know when they
were added to Xorg.log so I don't know whether they are relevant to my
investigation.

Since, according to Google, I'm the first to ask this question, I'm guessing
I'm misunderstanding the purpose of Xorg.log and that time stamps are
counterproductive. Could someone please explain why this is the way that it
is?

With thanks,

Borden