Re: Two computers in one: two users each with their own accounts, monitor, and keyboard?

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. put forth on 1/11/2010 12:23 PM:

> 4.  I had to switch VTs to the X server that was handling the OpenGL commands
> for the GLX calls to complete.  Likely, the video driver I am using requires
> exclusive access to the hardware to process some GLX requests.

This is my point.  The Linux OpenGL architecture has been optimized for local
hardware rendering.  It's impossible to get "usable" remote OpenGL today, mainly
because textures are such an integral component of 3D rendering today.  Trying
to push texture data over ethernet (even GigE) for real time rendering is not
really doable.

--
Stan