dependency hell + I want to keep deb installation files local ...

... in order to update them from a local drive in the future if I need to
~
 I recently went:
~
 apt-get update
Ign http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./ Release.gpg
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org stable Release.gpg
Get:1 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing Release.gpg [835B]
Get:43 http://ftp.de.debian.org experimental/non-free Packages [1120B]
Fetched 19.3MB in 1min 51s (174kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
~
 and
~
 apt-get -d -o Dir::Cache::Archives=<local directory path> upgrade
root@Microknoppix:~# apt-get -d -o
Dir::Cache::Archives="/media/sda2/inst/sw/deb/arc" upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
282 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 85 not upgraded.
Need to get 355MB of archives.
After this operation, 13.0MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main libexpat1
2.0.1-4+lenny3 [132kB]
Get:282 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main tftpd-hpa 5.0-10
[43.6kB]
Fetched 355MB in 34min 4s (174kB/s)
Download complete and in download only mode
root@Microknoppix:~#
~
 then I editted /etc/apt/sorce.list leaving as the only uncommented line:
~
deb file://<local directory path> stable main contrib non-free
~
 so that all files are grabbed from there
~
 I did install the flashplayer plugin for firefox by going
~
# dpkg --install libnspr4-dev_4.7.1-5_i386.deb
Selecting previously deselected package libnspr4-dev.
(Reading database ... 88316 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libnspr4-dev (from libnspr4-dev_4.7.1-5_i386.deb) ...
Setting up libnspr4-dev (4.7.1-5) ...
~
# dpkg --install install_flash_player_10_linux.deb
(Reading database ... 88419 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace adobe-flashplugin 10.0.42.34-1 (using
install_flash_player_10_linux.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement adobe-flashplugin ...
Setting up adobe-flashplugin (10.0.42.34-1) ...
~
 because it only depended on a single dev package no depth or
conflicting dependency ramifications
~
 Of course I knew I wasn't going to be that lucky with Kdevelop, Kate,
Openoffice, ... ;-)
~
 I need to:
~
 1) use apt-get and let it handle all dependencies and
~
 2) somehow make apt-get leave all downloaded deb archives in the
<local directory path> I have
~
 How can you do that?
~