Re: Size of a kernel module is different at build place and after installation

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta <at> ieee.org> writes:

>         As mentioned in another post in this thread, the installed
>  modules are stripped of debugging information. make-kpkg can now
>  create a linux-debug-** package that has detached debug information, to
>  be used for debugging, as needed.
>
>         manoj

File says the modules are not stripped.
The custom kernel package was created by kernel-package 12.020.
I still wonder what makes the installed modules from a custom kernel deb differ
(less) in size, when compared to the modules that used to build the deb.