Re: request for a mono vote.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 20:06 +0300, Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος wrote:

> As a dedicated debian user i want to express my concerns and worries
> regarding mono inclusion in main and i ask for a vote for mono in
> non-free/main because:

> 1) I feel like microsoft is not clear about the license issues.

That's strategy, in the future a possible move - given a suitable
majority in the US supreme court - might be to prove open source
licenses are violating their *Constitution*.

> 2) MS is a monopoly in desktop OS market and its monopoly aggresive
> behavior has been proven in courts and is evident every day. see
> netbook market for example.  Wouldnt a pro-ms pro-monopoly move harm
> the excellent name Debian has build?

Should it ever be necessary to go to court against m$, only ${deity}
knows the outcome and for sure m$ can hire "better" lawyers than the
oss community can ever afford.

> 3) Is essential to me and the way i perceive the debian identity to
> has a clear position out of middleware rivalries of multinationals
> companies not favoring or taking sides.

Sorry I don't grok what you are saying here.

> +1 for a voting procedure.

Not yet decided, maybe I'll build a local dummy package marked
essential that conflicts with mono, effectively ruling out anything
that depends on mono. For now that's just an first idea, I still have
to work out the details.

Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de