Re: problem when setting an adhoc wireless connection

I've finally found a solution, thanks to

(even though I had to do various additional tests to make it work).

# ifconfig wlan0 down
# iwconfig wlan0 essid adhoc-vinc17 mode Ad-Hoc channel 1 key 1234567812
# ifconfig wlan0 up 192.168.0.3

and on the N810, I also need to select channel 1 (I thought that
the second machine would select the channel automatically, but
this doesn't work).