Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood

> They call it progress.  95% of what I do with my computer is the same as
> what I did on my 486.  "Progress" means that I now need a computer a
> thousand times more powerful with five-hundred times more drive space to
> do exactly the same thing.

+5 Insightful

> I would be very happy with Debian Woody (or even Potato) with security
> updates only.

Have you looked at DSL or Puppy? They're not Debian based (or maybe
they are), but they are about as lean as one could reasonably go
today.

> Then again, modern monitors won't plug into my 486 since it doesn't have
> holes for all the pins on the D-sub.  Luckily, I have a few spare
> monitors.

Forward X to your fileserver with a VGA card, then!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il